This video provides a detailed understanding of the master data used in SAP Materials Management (MM), specifically for the Procure to Pay process. Here are the key points:
- Master Data in Materials Management: Master data contains records that are stored in the database for a long period of time. These records are stored centrally and used and processed on a cross-application basis, which prevents data redundancy. The master data for the Procure to Pay process in Materials Management includes Material Master, Vendor Master (Business Partner), Purchasing Info Record, Source List, Bill of Materials, and Production Version.
- Material Master: The Material Master is the main source of material-specific data in the company. It is used by all components in SAP and is logically structured so that each department can maintain its own specific data. The Material Master is subdivided into different views, each catering to a specific department’s needs.
- Business Partner: In SAP S/4HANA, the Business Partner has become the leading object, serving as a single point of entry to maintain supplier (vendor) or customer master data. A Business Partner can be a supplier, a customer, or an individual. It allows the maintenance of multiple addresses with corresponding address usages.
- Purchasing Info Record: The Purchasing Info Record maintains concise information on a vendor for a material. It is an important source of information for the buyer, enabling them to determine which vendors offer a material or which materials can be procured from a particular supplier.
- Source List: The Source List is used to maintain information about the sources from which a material can be procured. It can be used for single sourcing (procuring a material from one vendor) or multi-sourcing (procuring a material from multiple vendors).
- Bill of Materials (BOM): The Bill of Materials is a formally structured list of components that make up a product or assembly. It is used for planning purposes, scheduling procurement, and product costing. In Materials Management, it is used for the subcontracting process.
- Production Version: The Production Version is a combination of a Bill of Materials and a routing for a particular material. It is mandatory in SAP S/4HANA.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]