This video provides a detailed explanation of the Purchasing View in the Material Master of SAP Materials Management. Here are the key points:
- Introduction: The presenter begins by discussing the Purchasing View, which is mandatory for all materials that are purchased. This view contains fields such as purchase unit of measure, automatic purchase order trigger, purchase value key, and others.
- Order Unit: The presenter explains that the order unit is the unit of measurement in which a purchase order will be placed. If this field is blank, the system will take the basic unit of measurement as the order unit.
- Purchasing Group: The presenter discusses the role of the purchasing group, which is responsible for the procurement of a specific material. The purchasing group is also used as an important selection parameter to restrict output related to many reports.
- Plant Specific Material Status: The presenter explains that the plant-specific material status is the status of the material specific to the plant. Depending on the status, transactions of this particular material can be restricted.
- Automatic Purchase Order: The presenter discusses the automatic purchase order trigger, which can be used to collect purchase requisitions as a group, saving a lot of time.
- Purchase Value Key: The presenter explains the features available in the purchase value key, which defines tolerance limits and shipping instructions.
- Goods Receipt (GR) Processing Time: The presenter discusses the GR processing time, which is defined in working days, not calendar days.
- Post to Inspection Stock: The presenter explains the impact of the post to inspection stock. If a material is subject to inspection, this field has to be used. Until the material is in the Quality Inspection stock, it cannot be used for any other purpose.