This video tutorial focuses on how to implement a customer exit variable in SAP BW/4HANA. The presenter demonstrates the process of creating a customer exit variable, explaining the use of enhancement spots, and writing the necessary code for the enhancement. The tutorial also covers the use of RSRT for executing the query and testing the implemented customer exit.
Key topics covered in the video session:
- Introduction to Customer Exit Variable: The video begins with an introduction to the concept of a customer exit variable in SAP BW/4HANA. The presenter explains that customer exit variables are used when values need to be populated programmatically, rather than manually entered.
- Creating a Customer Exit Variable: The presenter demonstrates how to create a customer exit variable. He emphasizes the importance of following a naming convention for easy recognition of these variables. He creates a variable of type ‘customer exit’ and saves it as a local object.
- Defining the Enhancement Spot: The presenter explains that SAP provides an enhancement spot called ‘RSR_VARIABLE_EXIT’ for implementing customer exit variables. He navigates to this enhancement spot and creates an implementation for the previously created variable.
- Writing the Code for the Enhancement: The presenter writes the code for the enhancement in the implementation screen. He explains the use of importing and exporting parameters in the method and how the system recognizes which variable to call based on the filter defined in the BAdI implementation.
- Testing the Customer Exit Variable: The presenter uses the RSRT transaction to execute the query and test the implemented customer exit. He explains how the system calls the BAdI implementation when the query uses the info object on which the customer exit variable is applied.
- Implementing Logic for the Customer Exit Variable: The presenter writes the logic for the customer exit variable in the BAdI implementation. He explains how to handle different scenarios, such as getting the last month’s value.
- Demonstration of the Customer Exit Variable in Action: The presenter demonstrates the functionality of the customer exit variable by executing the query in RSRT. He shows how the variable is pre-filled with the last month’s value, demonstrating the successful implementation of the customer exit variable.
- Closing Remarks: The video concludes with the presenter discussing common requirements in BW/4HANA, such as year-to-date and month-to-date reports, which often require the implementation of customer exit variables.