This video is the second part of the discussion on table functions in Core Data Services (CDS) views in SAP HANA. It provides a deeper understanding of SQL code that is compatible inside the table function, including how to declare variables, use if-else conditions, and handle data.
After watching this video, you will learn:
– How to use SQL functions and data manipulations inside the class method of a table function. This includes how to declare a variable, use if-else conditions, and handle data that is not possible in CDS views.
– How to use table functions with parameters. The presenter demonstrates how to use user input to execute a table function. This involves creating a table function with input parameters and using these parameters in the class method.
– How to use SQL statements based on previous data. The presenter explains how to create a SELECT statement based on the previous internal table concept.
– How to use SQL functions for data handling. This includes using the CASE statement to add values and change the format of date fields.
– The concept of the DUMMY table in SQL. The DUMMY table can be used for any kind of calculations and is particularly useful when you want to perform calculations without creating a table.
– How to use the IF and CASE conditions in SQL. The presenter demonstrates how to create IF, ELSE, and ENDIF conditions in SQL.
The video is practical and detailed, showing each step at the system level. It is intended for those who wish to learn about CDS Views and how to create and use them in HANA Studio and SAP systems.