This video discusses the concept of joins in Core Data Services (CDS) views in SAP HANA, specifically focusing on inner join, left outer join, and right outer join. It also demonstrates how to create mappings between two tables or CDS views and how the result will reflect for each type of join.
After watching this video, you will learn:
- The functionality of joins in CDS views, including inner join, left outer join, and right outer join. The presenter explains how to create a mapping between two tables or CDS views and how the result will reflect for each type of join.
- How to create a new CDS view specifically for joins. The presenter demonstrates this process step by step, starting with creating a new definition in HANA Studio and choosing the package or transport request.
- The concept of aliases in CDS views. Aliases are optional but recommended as they make the CDS view easier to understand for other developers.
- How to use the inner join to map two tables together based on a common field. The presenter demonstrates this with the sales order header and item tables in SAP.
- The use of additional conditions in joins. The presenter shows how to add an additional condition to the join to filter the data further.
- The concept of left outer join and right outer join. The presenter explains that a left outer join fetches all the data from the left-hand side and starts comparing it to the right, filling in data where it exists and leaving it empty where it doesn’t. A right outer join does the opposite, fetching all the data from the right-hand side and comparing it to the left.
- How to use left outer join and right outer join with customer data and email addresses. The presenter shows how these joins can result in empty fields when data doesn’t exist in one of the tables.
The video is practical and detailed, showing each step at the system level. It is intended for those who wish to learn about CDS Views and how to create and use them in HANA Studio and SAP systems.