This video continues the discussion on the methodology of ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP) in SAP HANA. It provides a detailed guide on how to perform Create, Update, Read, and Delete (CRUD) operations using AMDP.
After watching this video, you will learn:
- The concept of CRUD operations in SAP HANA: CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update, and Delete. These operations are fundamental for any database system.
- How to perform CRUD operations using AMDP: The presenter demonstrates how to insert data into a database table, update existing data, read data from a table, and delete data from a table.
- The syntax for performing CRUD operations: The presenter explains the syntax for the INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT, and DELETE commands in SQL.
- How to use the DUMMY table in SQL: The DUMMY table can be used for any kind of calculations and is particularly useful when you want to perform calculations without creating a table.
- How to use the IF and CASE conditions in SQL: The presenter demonstrates how to create IF, ELSE, and ENDIF conditions in SQL.
- The presenter also explains that the class and methods created for a table function cannot be tested in SE24, a transaction code in SAP GUI. This is because the class and methods are specifically designed for the table function and are not supported in SAP GUI syntax.
The video is practical and detailed, showing each step at the system level. It is intended for those who wish to learn about AMDP and how to create and use them in HANA Studio and SAP systems.