This video discusses the concept of virtual elements in Core Data Services (CDS) views in SAP HANA. It provides a detailed guide on how to implement virtual elements and use them in ABAP objects.
After watching this video, you will learn:
- The concept of virtual elements in CDS views: Virtual elements can be used to implement ABAP logic in CDS views, which are typically SQL-based and do not support ABAP function modules or APIs. Virtual elements can be used to bridge this gap.
- How to use annotations in CDS views to enable virtual elements: The video explains the use of the `@ObjectModel.virtualElement` and `@ObjectModel.virtualElementCalculatedBy` annotations, which are used to specify which fields in the CDS view are virtual elements and how they are calculated.
- How to create an ABAP class to calculate virtual elements: The presenter demonstrates how to create a class that implements the `IF_AMDP_MARKER_HDB` interface and uses the `getCalculationInfo` and `calculate` methods to calculate the values of virtual elements.
- How to use the `calculate` method to implement ABAP logic: The presenter shows how to use the `calculate` method to implement ABAP logic, such as calling function modules or performing calculations.
- How to test virtual elements using OData services: The presenter explains that the values of virtual elements cannot be viewed in the CDS view editor and must be tested using OData services.
The video is practical and detailed, showing each step at the system level. It is intended for those who wish to learn about virtual elements in CDS views and how to implement them in SAP HANA.