This video provides a comprehensive understanding of how to assign item categories for General Ledger (GL) accounts in SAP S/4HANA Financial Accounting (FI). Here are the key points:
- Item Category for GL Accounts: The video explains that item categories are used for document splitting purposes. In document splitting, line items of a document can be split based on profit center or segment. Therefore, it is necessary to assign item categories to GL accounts.
- Assigning Item Categories: The presenter demonstrates how to assign item categories to GL accounts in the system. He navigates to the configuration screen and selects the option to classify GL accounts for document splitting.
- Item Categories: The presenter explains the different item categories. For example, the item category ‘30000’ is used for income or revenue GL accounts, and ‘20000’ is used for expense GL accounts. He also mentions the use of balance sheet item category accounts for balance sheet items.
- Copying Item Categories to GL Accounts: The presenter copies item categories to GL accounts based on the account groups. He assigns the appropriate item category to each account group.
- Checking Item Categories: The presenter checks the item categories assigned to the GL accounts. He confirms that all item categories have been successfully assigned to the GL accounts.
In summary, the video explains how to assign item categories to GL accounts, the different types of item categories, and how to check the assigned item categories in SAP S/4 HANA Financial Accounting.