This video provides a comprehensive understanding of how to post a journal entry document in SAP S/4HANA Financial Accounting (FI). Here are the key points:
- Posting Journal Entry Document: The video explains that multiple transaction codes can be used to post a general entry document. The presenter uses the transaction code FB50 to post a general entry document where he debits the expense and credits the cash account.
- Debiting and Crediting Accounts: The presenter debits the salary expense and credits the cash account with an amount of 25,000. The document date is set as October 29.
- Simulating the Transaction: Before posting the document, the presenter simulates the transaction to see the entry generated by the system. The system uses the posting key to debit the salary expense and credit the cash account.
- Posting the Transaction: The presenter posts the transaction and a document number is generated by the system. The document is posted in the leading Ledger 0L and the non-leading Ledger P1, demonstrating the system’s parallel accounting capability.
- Posting Using Another Transaction Code: The presenter demonstrates how to post a general entry document using another transaction code, F-02. He debits the salary expense account and credits the cash account.
- Checking the General Ledger Account: The presenter checks the general ledger account using the transaction code FBL3N, which displays the line items of the general ledger account. The documents posted in the previous steps are visible.
In summary, the video explains how to post a journal entry document, how to debit and credit accounts, how to simulate a transaction, and how to check the general ledger account in SAP S/4 HANA Financial Accounting.