In SAP S/4HANA 1909, new SAP FIORI reports are available that allow users to analyze their financial data in more detail. However, by default, these reports will only display data from the most recently created financial statement version. If you want to use an older financial statement version, you will need to follow a workaround.
The workaround is as follows:
- In transaction OB58, select the relevant financial statement version.
- Save the version to a transport request.
- Activate the version for use in SAP FIORI reports.
- You will receive a message saying that the hierarchy has been replicated.
- Import the hierarchy as a global accounting hierarchy in the app of the same name.
- Select maintain financial versions as a source and the ID of the financial statement version you have activated in OB58.
- Assign a new ID and the validity date from which it should be available in the reports.
- Save the changes to a transport request.
- You have now successfully created a new global accounting hierarchy using an old financial statement version.
Once you have completed these steps, you can test the new SAP FIORI report by selecting the GL account hierarchy you created in step 5. The report should now display data according to the structure of your financial statement version.