This tutorial video provides a comprehensive guide on how to use SAP Automatic Batch Determination in Inventory Management. The presenter explains the concepts of First Expired First Out (FEFO), Last In First Out (LIFO), and First In First Out (FIFO) in the context of SAP. The video covers the entire process, from defining the necessary steps in customizing for batch management to creating a material master record and executing batch determination scenarios.
Key topics covered in the session:
- Introduction and Overview: The presenter introduces the topic of SAP Batch Determination and explains its relevance in various business transactions, including goods movements, production, sales, and warehouse management.
- Defining Steps in Customizing: The presenter explains the steps that must be defined in customizing for batch management. These include defining condition tables, access sequences, strategy types, batch search strategies, assigning the batch search procedure to business transactions, selection classes, and sort rules. The presenter also shows how to allocate the procedure to the business transaction or movement type.
- Master Data: The presenter explains how to activate the shelf life at the plant level and for the movement type. The presenter also discusses the use of transaction ‘BMSM’ to copy all the standard characteristics for batch management in the client.
- Creating a Material Master Record: The presenter demonstrates how to create a material master record, including defining the classification view and assigning the class. The presenter also explains how to set the shelf life data.
- Creating Batches: The presenter shows how to create batches using goods receipts for a part. The presenter also demonstrates what happens when trying to receive a batch that has less than the minimum shelf life.
- Batch Determination: The presenter demonstrates how to execute batch determination using the First Expired First Out (FEFO) method. This includes defining the selection class and sort rule, creating the batch search strategy, and executing a goods issue to see the batch determination in action.
- FIFO and LIFO: The presenter demonstrates how to execute batch determination using the First In First Out (FIFO) and Last In First Out (LIFO) methods. This includes changing the sort rule and executing a goods issue to see the batch determination in action.
- Conclusion: The presenter concludes the tutorial by summarizing the topics covered and encouraging viewers to like, share, and subscribe to the channel.