This video is a tutorial on how to configure SAP S/4HANA Finance. Here’s a summary of the key points discussed in the video:
- Ledger Group and Assignments: The speaker discusses the importance of creating a Ledger group before assignments. They mention that while they used a standard ledger group because it already existed, it’s possible to create a custom one if needed.
- Assigning Company Code to Ledgers: The speaker explains that in S/4HANA, a company code must be assigned to both a leading Ledger and a non-leading ledger. They demonstrate how to assign a company code to a non-leading ledger, emphasizing the importance of parallel reporting in different accounting principles like GAAP and IFRS.
- Posting Period Variants: The speaker discusses the concept of posting period variants, which define the periods that are open for documents to be posted within. They show how to define a posting period variant and assign it to a company code.
- Document Types: The speaker explains that different document types exist for different transactions, such as asset accounting, customer invoices, and vendor payments. They note that consultants should be familiar with these document types.
- Document Number Range: The speaker discusses the importance of defining a number range for documents, which is used to track transactions. They demonstrate how to copy a number range from a standard company code to a custom one.
- Posting Keys: The speaker explains that posting keys are used in SAP to represent debit and credit entries. For example, ’40’ represents a debit entry for GL, and ’50’ represents a credit entry.
- Global Parameters: The speaker shows how to check the global parameters for a company code, which provides an overview of all the configurations that have been done so far.
- Fiscal Year: The speaker discusses the concept of fiscal year and how it’s maintained in SAP. They explain the difference between a calendar fiscal year and a non-calendar fiscal year.
- Parallel Accounting: The speaker discusses the concept of parallel accounting, where different accounting principles are assigned to different ledger groups. They show how to assign accounting principles to ledger groups.
- Tolerance Group: The speaker briefly mentions the concept of a tolerance group, although they do not go into detail about it in this part of the video.
The video is part of a series, and the speaker indicates that they will continue with more configuration settings in subsequent parts.