This video is a tutorial on the concept of Equipment in SAP Plant Maintenance (PM). It uses a practical example of a vehicle workshop to illustrate the concept. The video explains how SAP Plant Maintenance can be used to monitor the frequency of problems with assets like car lifts, wheel balancers, tire changers, toolboxes, welders, etc.
1. Concept of Equipment in SAP: Equipment in SAP represents movable objects for which maintenance activities can be registered. They can be installed on functional locations but don’t have to be. The video uses the example of a car lift in a vehicle workshop to illustrate this concept.
2. Building Equipment Structure: The video demonstrates how to create equipment in SAP, both manually using the SAP GUI and using SAP Fiori. It explains the use of structure indicators, which define the mask of functional locations, and how to add descriptions, cost centers, and other relevant data.
3. Viewing Equipment in SAP: After creating equipment, they can be viewed using the ‘Find Technical Object’ app in SAP Fiori. The app displays all the data entered during the creation of the equipment.
4. Importance of Equipment in SAP: The video emphasizes the importance of creating appropriate equipment structure in SAP Plant Maintenance. It serves as a reference for future rollouts and helps in differentiating costs and responsibilities in a company.
5. Creating Equipment in SAP: The video demonstrates how to create equipment in SAP using both the SAP GUI and SAP Fiori. It explains how to add descriptions, cost centers, and other relevant data, and how to install the equipment on a functional location.
6. Using Equipment in SAP: The video shows how to use the created equipment in SAP. It demonstrates how to find the equipment using the ‘Find Technical Object’ app in SAP Fiori and how to view all the data entered during the creation of the equipment.
7. Additional Features of Equipment in SAP: The video briefly touches on additional features of equipment in SAP, such as classification, measuring points, and document management system (DMS). It mentions that these features will be explained in more detail in future videos.