This video provides an introduction to the concept of capacity planning in SAP Production Planning (PP). The presenter explains how to manage capacity in the Work Centre, how to analyze capacity requirements, and how to troubleshoot issues related to capacity planning.
- Introduction to Capacity Planning: The presenter explains that capacity planning is relevant to finite scheduling in the Work Centre. The Work Centre must have a valid capacity and formula mentioned, and the ‘Relevant to Finite Scheduling’ box must be activated for capacity planning to occur.
- Checking Capacity Data: The presenter demonstrates how to check the capacity data for a machine in the Work Centre. This includes the machine’s operating hours and breaks.
- Analyzing Capacity Requirements: The presenter shows how to analyze capacity requirements using transaction code CM01. This includes checking the available capacity for any week and the capacity requirements for production orders scheduled in that week.
- Understanding Overload: The presenter explains that when the capacity requirement exceeds the available capacity, there is an overload. This is indicated by the capacity load appearing in red and exceeding 100%.
- Checking Capacity Requirements in a List: The presenter shows how to check capacity requirements in a list using transaction code CM02. This provides a different view of the same data shown in CM01.
- Understanding Capacity Requirement Calculation: The presenter explains how capacity requirements are calculated. This involves checking the formula in the Work Centre and a configuration available in the system using transaction code OPU3.
- Generating Capacity Requirements: The presenter demonstrates how to generate capacity requirements for a production order. This involves activating the ‘Generate Capacity Requirements’ option in the configuration and the ‘Calculate Capacity Requirements’ option in the production order.
- Checking Capacity Requirements in a Graphical View: The presenter shows how to check capacity requirements in a graphical view using transaction code CM03. This provides a visual representation of the capacity requirements.
The video provides a detailed walkthrough of capacity planning in SAP PP, demonstrating how to manage and analyze capacity in the Work Centre and how to troubleshoot issues related to capacity planning.