This video tutorial delves into the customization of Sales Document Types in SAP S/4HANA Sales and Distribution (SD). The speaker provides a comprehensive walkthrough of the process, highlighting the following key points:
- Permitting Order Type for Specific Sales Area: The speaker explains how to permit a specific order type for a particular sales area. This is useful when a company wants to restrict certain sales areas to use only specific order types. If no restrictions are set, all sales areas can use all document types.
- Customizing Number Range for Sales Documents: The speaker discusses how to customize the number range for sales documents. This is important because when sales orders, return orders, or quotations are created, the system generates different number ranges. The speaker shows how to change these number ranges in the system.
- Internal and External Number Ranges: The speaker explains the difference between internal and external number ranges. Internal number ranges are automatically generated by the system, while external number ranges are used when the SAP system is connected to a third-party system and the order number is generated on that system.
- Assigning Number Range to Sales Document Type: The speaker demonstrates how to assign a number range to a sales document type. This is done by defining the sales document type and linking it to the number range.
- Changing the Last Number Used: The speaker shows how to change the last number used in the number range. This can be useful if you want to start the numbering from a specific point.
The video tutorial is detailed and provides step-by-step instructions, making it easy to follow along.