This video is part of a series focused on Profitability Analysis (COPA) in SAP S/4HANA, specifically addressing the concept of COPA Characteristic Realignment. The tutorial explains how to adjust the values of characteristics in already posted COPA documents, a process necessary when there are changes to characteristic values or when new characteristics are added. Here’s a summary of the key points covered:
- Characteristic Realignment Overview: Characteristic realignment is essential for updating the values of characteristics in posted COPA documents. This need arises when new characteristics are added or existing characteristic values change.
- Types of Characteristic Realignment:
- Derivation of New Values: This method is used to derive new values for characteristics or to derive values for newly added characteristics in existing COPA documents.
- Replacement of Existing Values: This method involves replacing existing characteristic values with new ones without re-deriving them.
- Practical Demonstration:
- The tutorial walks through the process of characteristic realignment using transaction code KEND in SAP. This transaction is accessible via the SAP menu under Accounting > Controlling > Profitability Analysis > Master Data > Characteristic Realignment (KEND).
- The process begins with creating a realignment run, selecting the characteristic(s) for realignment, and specifying whether the realignment should derive new values or replace existing ones.
- Two examples are provided: one demonstrating the derivation of new values for the “Continent” characteristic and another showing the replacement of the “Europe” value with “Africa” for the same characteristic.
- Execution of Realignment:
- The video details how to execute the realignment run, including options for testing the realignment before applying it to actual COPA documents. This step is crucial for ensuring the accuracy of the realignment process.
This tutorial is a valuable resource for SAP S/4HANA users looking to understand and implement COPA Characteristic Realignment. It provides clear instructions and practical examples to ensure users can effectively update their COPA documents as needed.