This video provides an in-depth look at Lean Service Procurement in SAP S/4HANA, contrasting it with the traditional approach to procuring external services. The tutorial is structured around a real-world scenario involving the need for external service procurement to repair a car, highlighting the steps and benefits of the Lean Service Procurement process. Here’s a breakdown of the key points and steps demonstrated in the video:
- Introduction to Service Procurement: The video starts by outlining two approaches to procuring external services in SAP: the classic approach, which has been around for many years, and the Lean Service Procurement approach, introduced with SAP S/4HANA.
- Lean Service Procurement Overview: The presenter explains that Lean Service Procurement simplifies the process of procuring external services, from creating a maintenance order to paying for the service. This approach is showcased as more efficient and user-friendly, especially with the use of SAP Fiori apps.
- Step-by-Step Process:
- Maintenance Order Creation: The process begins with creating a plant maintenance order to define the need for an external service, such as car repair in this scenario.
- Purchase Requisition Generation: Automatically generated from the maintenance order, signaling the procurement department to take action.
- Purchase Order Creation: The procurement department creates a purchase order based on the requisition, which is then used to procure the service.
- Service Performance: An external company performs the required service at the workshop.
- Service Confirmation: The service is confirmed in the system using a new SAP Fiori app specific to Lean Service Procurement, enhancing simplicity and efficiency.
- Invoice and Payment: The final steps involve receiving an invoice for the service and processing payment.
- Differences Between Classic and Lean Service Procurement: The video highlights several key differences, such as the use of service masters in classic procurement versus materials with a specific material type in Lean Service Procurement, and the availability of a user-friendly SAP Fiori app for service entry and confirmation in Lean Service Procurement.
- Practical Demonstration: The presenter walks through the entire process using the SAP Fiori Launchpad, from creating a maintenance order and purchase requisition to confirming the service in the system. This practical example underscores the efficiency and user-friendliness of Lean Service Procurement.
- Conclusion: Lean Service Procurement in SAP S/4HANA is presented as a superior, streamlined approach to procuring external services, with significant improvements in user experience and process efficiency.
This tutorial is an excellent resource for SAP users looking to understand and implement Lean Service Procurement in their operations, offering a clear comparison with the classic approach and demonstrating the practical benefits of the newer, leaner method.