This video is the third in a series focusing on Profitability Analysis (COPA) in SAP S/4HANA. The presenter provides an in-depth exploration of account-based COPA, comparing it with costing-based COPA and discussing its evolution and advantages in S4HANA.
Key points covered in the video include:
- Introduction to Account-Based COPA: The video starts with an overview of account-based COPA, explaining how it has been redesigned in S4HANA compared to its usage in SAP ECC.
- Direct Linkage with GL Accounts: Account-based COPA in S4HANA is based on GL accounts, unlike in ECC where it was based on cost elements. This direct linkage offers real-time reconciliation with the GL module and full integration with the Universal Journal table.
- Advantages of Account-Based COPA: The presenter highlights several advantages of account-based COPA, including less configuration effort compared to costing-based COPA, easier reconciliation, harmonization of external and internal reporting, and support for drill-down functionalities in reports.
- Support for Different Accounting Methods: Account-based COPA in S4HANA supports both cost of sales accounting and periodic accounting methods, offering more flexibility than costing-based COPA.
- New Functionalities in S4HANA: The video discusses new functionalities in account-based COPA in S4HANA, such as cost splitting (COGS split), predictive accounting, and the ability to add new characteristics directly in the ACDOCA table (Universal Journal table).
- SAP’s Recommendation and Future Direction: SAP now recommends using account-based COPA and is focusing on enhancing this module. The presenter also touches on SAP’s future direction for margin analysis without operating concern or profitability segment.
- Data Structure Comparison: The video compares the data structure of costing-based and account-based COPA, highlighting the differences in how data is stored in various tables and the ease of data access in account-based COPA.