This video is a tutorial on the basics of SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), focusing on the concept of materials or spare parts. Here are the key points:
- Definition of Materials in SAP: Materials in SAP represent object categories, not individual objects. They are maintained for measuring activities for all spare parts, pieces of equipment, and maintenance assemblies that are suitable for storage.
- Practical Demonstration: The video demonstrates the concept of materials using a practical example of a car repair workshop. The presenter shows how a damaged engine needs to be replaced and how the required parts, such as a crankshaft, are stored and managed in SAP.
- Material Creation in SAP: The video explains how to create a material in SAP. Each material in SAP has its own material number and data from many areas like purchasing, logistics, accounting, etc. The presenter demonstrates how to create a material using the SAP GUI and the transaction code MM01.
- Material Type: The presenter emphasizes the importance of selecting the correct material type when creating a material. In the case of the crankshaft, it is a spare part. However, SAP has many other types of materials like finished products, raw materials, etc.
- Master Data Maintenance: The video explains that each tab in the material creation process represents an area for which you want to maintain master data. For example, if you want to purchase a crankshaft in the future from an external company, it makes sense to maintain master data in the purchasing tab.
- Fiori Application for Material Creation: The presenter also introduces the Fiori application ‘Manage Product Master Data’ as another way to create materials in SAP. However, he mentions that most companies still use the classical way (MM01 transaction).
- Importance of Materials: The topic of materials is significant as it touches every area of a company, mainly production planning department as they produce things and need raw materials, but it also touches materials management, plant maintenance when it comes to spare parts and assemblies.
- Other Aspects: There are many other aspects to keep in mind like batch management, serial numbers, or refurbishment process which is part of maintenance.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]